Polar M430 is a GPS running watch. It comes with a wrist-based heart rate, advanced training features, and 24/7 activity tracking. Polar M430 measures your heart rate from the wrist accurately and reliably. You don’t require any extra chest straps or stuff like that. Using Polar M430, you can track your pace, distance, and altitude with the integrated GPS. When you run indoors, it easily tracks pace and distance from your wrist movements. Polar Fitness Test with wrist-based heart rate tests your fitness level anytime, anywhere. Polar M430 provides you with a personal and adaptive training plan that fits you and your goals.
Smart Coaching by M430.
- A five-minute test on M430 will measure aerobic fitness. It does that by assessing your resting heart rate, heart rate variability and other background information. Regularly doing it will show you the progress you’re making.
- Choose from four different targets, 5K, 10K, half-marathon, and marathon. Get a training plan that fits you and your goals.
- Smart Coaching shows how your running performance is developing.
- Smart Coaching shows you how your training affects your body and helps you compare the load of different sessions. Recognize your personal limits and adjust training intensity and duration accordingly.
- It shows you the time necessary for recovery before the next training session.
- You will receive feedback immediately after training describing the effect of the session.
- You can see the calories burned.
- It shows how active you’ve been during the day. Gives practical guidance for reaching your daily activity goal.
- It gives feedback on your daily, weekly and monthly activity, showing how your active choices help you stay healthy.
- Sleeping well is important It helps you boost your recovery and performance. Polar Sleep Plus automatically detects the timing, amount, and quality of your sleep. You’ll also receive feedback on your sleep so that you can make changes towards better sleep.
- 24/7 Activity Tracking: Tracks your daily activity at five intensity levels 24×7. It then provides a complete picture of all of your activity. Your active time, daily burnt calories, steps, distance from steps and sleep is taken into account. It’s done after analyzing the frequency, intensity, and regularity of your movements, along with your physical information.
- Sleep Plus: You can set your preferred sleep time to define how long you aim to sleep every night. You can also rate your sleep. Based on your sleep data, preferred sleep time and sleep rating, you will receive feedback. Monitor your long-term sleeping patterns in Polar Flow. You can see if your sleep patterns are affected by any changes by following them in your daily life. And you can find the right balance of rest, daily activity, and training.
- Activity Goal: Your device tells you your daily Activity Goal and guides you on how to reach it. Based on the duration and intensity of your activity, the activity bar on your device will fill up.
- Active Time: Low, medium and high-intensity activities are considered Active Time. Avoid sitting or break it up regularly with short walks, to get more active time.
- Steps & Distance: Your device counts your steps and the distance you walk during the day. Activity Summary: Stores all your daily physical activity.
- Activity Benefit: Tracks all your active choices during the day and shows how they help you stay healthy. It includes heart health, muscle, and bone health. It also includes stress reduction and sleeps quality.
- Inactivity Alert: It reminds you to get up and avoid staying in one place for too long. Being inactive could affect your blood circulation, metabolism, and energy expenditure.
Polar Flow: The App and Web Service.
Polar Flow helps you in the following ways:
It is a complete fitness and training platform available on desktop and mobile. You can see all your training data, analyze your performance and follow your progress. Analyze quickly in the app and in depth in the web service. Plan your workouts, follow your recovery or set up a training program for a running event. You can track your daily activity and sleep. Also, see your daily, weekly and monthly summaries. And learn about the health benefits of your daily choices. You can link your Polar Flow account to third party services. Polar has a free online tool called Polar Coach for coaches. You can share your training data on that.
The Final Word.
At $299, Polar M430 is a bit pricey. Whereas, Polar’s M400 had value for money. The current shipping timeframe for the M430 is in May. If you’re looking for a mid-range running watches with structured training plans, then Polar’s M430 is the best watch for you. The features mentioned above are just a handful. But the Polar M430 has much, much more to offer.