Huawei’s new Fit is lightweight, comfortable, and has a battery that can last for at least a week. With the water resistant feature, it can be worn while going for a swim or in the shower. The thing that sets Huawei Fit’s design apart from other fitness wearables is that it has no physical buttons on the watch i.e. no mode selector or power button.
Stylish, Slim, Metal Design
The Huawei Fit has got a 1.6-inch circular aluminum face and a slim metal body. It’s circular design is refreshingly simple and stylish, which is different from many of the other square-shaped fitness trackers.
The plastic wristband of the fitness tracker is smooth on the top and has tender ridges on the bottom. Huawei Fit’s working relies on touchscreen interaction. You can swipe up and down to select options, tap to confirm, and swipe right to step back in the interface.
Monochrome Display with Gorilla Glass
Huawei Fit’s display has a Memory LCD Touchscreen and covered with a Corning Gorilla 3 Glass. The monochrome graphics on Fit’s screen allows it to really excel in critical areas. With the help of the reflective nature of the LCD touchscreen, you will never be in a situation where you have trouble reading the display in bright sunlight. Actually, the direct sun illumination makes it easier to read.
Fit has an automatic backlight for low-light conditions. A brightness sensor has been embedded at the 12 o’clock position to detect whenever extra light is needed. It only lights up when you raise your arm to check the time, that way, it won’t be wasting power on it.
Features that Make Huawei Fit more Powerful
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The Huawei Fit monitors your heart rate 24×7 and gives you an accurate measure.
- Personal Running Coach: The personal running coach on Fit helps you achieve your running goals.
- Multi-sport Modes: The multi-sport modes records your steps and heart rate while doing various activities like running, yoga, playing football etc.
- Water Resistant: The Huawei Fit is water resistant up to 50 meters.
- Smart Notifications: The Huawei Fit gives you smartphone notifications like call, text, email on your watch.
- Customizable Running Plan: Using the customizable running plan on Fit, you can create a plan based on your target desireable distance, goal, training frequency, and your fitness level.
- VO2MAX Assessment: VO2MAX assessment, used by professionals, gives you an indication of cardio-respiratory fitness and a recovery time assessment.
- Real-Time Coaching: During a run, get real-time guidance such as heart rate, speed up/slow down alerts, distance mark alerts, and heart rate alerts.
- Sleep Monitoring: The Huawei Fit measures the number of hours you need sleep and the total number of hours you slept and the quality of sleep.
- Battery Life: The Huawei Fit comes with a non-removable 80mAh li-ion battery that can last up to 6 days once fully charged. It comes with a proprietary charging cable and takes less than 2 hours to get fully charged.
- App: The Huawei Fit has a companion app called Huawei Wear app that is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
Color, Price, and Availability
The Huawei Fit comes in three different colors: Titanium Grey, Moonlight Silver, and Orange. The fitness wearable is set to release at the end of November and is priced at $129.99.
The Promise Ahead
The features that Huawei’s Fit has to offer are nothing we haven’t seen earlier. But it has got a customizable running plan and VO2MAX assessment that we don’t get with every other fitness tracker. The Huawei Fit is far more attractive than a lot of other fitness wearables currently available in the market.
Rajiv is one of the founders of Nimblechapps, a web and android game development company based out of India. At Nimblechapps he overlooks delivery, product development and often lends a hand to the in house development team. His personal interest include Travel, Food and Motorcycling.