The new iPad Pro is far more powerful than most PC laptops. Yet it is delightfully simple to use. It comes with a redesigned Retina display. The display is as stunning to look at as it is to touch. And it all comes together with iOS. It is the world’s most advanced mobile operating system.
iPad has always offered the ultimate Multi-Touch experience. The redesigned Retina display on iPad Pro sets a whole new standard. It’s not just brighter and less reflective. But it’s far more responsive than anything that has come before. Whether you are scrolling through pages in Safari or playing an intense 3D game, everything feels utterly smooth, fast, and immersive.
The iPad Pro 10.5 went on sale last week. The design is slimmer. Along with that, it got a better screen and a power boost. The 12.9-inch quietly got the same performance and screen upgrades. There’s no question it is the best iPad Apple has made. The new 10.5-inch iPad Pro has a screen nearly 20 percent larger than the 9.7-inch model. This gives you more room to do more. It also delivers a full-size onscreen keyboard. Yet it’s just as portable as ever.
The new iPad Pro Retina display now supports a 120Hz refresh rate. Movies and videos look spectacular. While games play smoothly without distracting artifacts. And however you use the display, be it with your finger or Apple Pencil, everything will feel more responsive.
- A 10X Fusion Chip: The new iPad Pro comes with a A10X Fusion chip. It makes complex tasks like editing 4K video and rendering 3D images feel effortless.
- Image Signal Processor: The processor uses machine learning. It helps to make the photos and video you capture look great.
- Up to 10 hour Battery Life: Stay productive and creative with all-day battery life.
- 600 nits brightness: Enhanced brightness makes it easier than ever to see, wherever you are.
- P3 Wide colour display: The wide P3 color gamut offers you more vibrant greens and reds. The images and videos look more truer-to-life.
- 1.8% reflectivity: The new iPad Pro also has Apple’s custom-designed anti reflective coating. It makes the display clearer and more readable wherever you take your iPad.
The company says the A10X chip in the new iPad Pro is 30 per cent faster than the ones in previous models. It also provide 40 per cent better graphics performance. This is without sacrificing battery life, which stands at 10 hours.
Doing more than ever will soon be easier than ever. The iOS 11 has an all-new Dock. It makes it simple to open recently used apps and files. And when you use Slide Over or Split View, both apps will stay active so you can work with them simultaneously. So you can edit an image in Adobe Photoshop Fix while creating a web page. Or use Safari to plan your next vacation while confirming dates in Calendar. iPad Pro and iOS 11 are perfect for doing everything you want to do at once.
iOS 11 will be released in the autumn, probably in mid December. The software will include a proper file system that will integrate with cloud storage services like Dropbox and Google Drive, a drag and drop feature to make moving files around easier, and a better dock that puts more applications within easy reach.
The camera has been improved and given optical image stabilisation and 4K video recording. Unlike the iPhone 7, there’s still a headphone jack. It’s a bit of a strange message to send considering Apple says wired headphones are on the way out, but I’m not complaining. Battery life easily runs for two days’ solid work. Which compares very favourably to a laptop.
The starting model is $50 more than its predecessor. But with the higher price tag you get double the storage capacity. The new iPad Pro now starts at $649 for 64GB. The price will be $799, in case you want the cellular model.