For the most part, bicycle designs are standard. There are cruisers, mountain bikes, road bikes, etc. but bikes in the same category look very similar. Tempus Electric Bikes wants to change the way people look at bike design. With their first product, the CR-T1 electric bike, they want to bring together the technology of today, with beautiful vintage motorcycle designs.
The People Behind the Bike
Ikenna Ofoha and Xavier Chan are the two founders of Tempus Electric Bikes. Their vision for the company is to build beautiful products that are equally as functional.
Ikenna is a builder at heart. He has been building and tinkering with circuits since he was 8 years old and built a high-speed electric bike as a project in grade 10. He is also passionate about design and saw the opportunity to pursue this passion by bringing together the functionality of an electric bike, with the aesthetics of a vintage café racer motorcycle.
Xavier is an ambitious entrepreneur who currently working towards getting his Bachelor of Commerce in Economics and Finance. He has always wanted to start a business of his own and saw the perfect opportunity to do it with a close friend.
Why Should I Buy a Tempus?
- Unique design is at the heart of this company. Their bike offers a vintage design, unlike any bikes available today.
- The CR-T1 is built from high-quality parts. It boasts an aircraft grade Chromoly steel frame, hydraulic disc brakes, and tough front and rear suspension.
- A detachable battery allows you to charge it in a standard wall outlet without bringing the entire bike inside.
- 1000W 3 phase brushless DC hub motor
- Removable 48V 17Ah lithium ion battery
- 50km range and 50km/hr top speed
- Aircraft grade Chromoly steel frame
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- 4 hour recharge time
- LED Headlight & Rear light
Price and Availability
Tempus will be launching a crowdfunding campaign in Spring 2017, during which they will offer pre-orders on their bike at a discounted price of $2999 USD or $3999 CAD.
Tempus is a bit off beat and is not like any other e-bike available in the market. With the 1960s Cafe Racer motorcycle-inspired design, it brings newest battery technology with a trendy design. It instills a handsome exterior with modern technology in order to make it appealing for the modern men. The Tempus electric bike has a vintage appeal to it and it really sets you apart from the crowd.