Xiaomi recently announced it’s new phone Mi Note 2 which is sure to take over from the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. Xiaomi Mi Note 2 could be the world’s most desirable big-screen smartphone. Those who are looking for a replacement for the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is here. The phone is similar to the Mi 5S Plus released recently.
Xiaomi launched this latest flagship smartphone at its ‘Curved to Impress’ event in Beijing on Tuesday. The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 has NFC for mobile payments, Hi-resolution audio support, and Google Android. Mi Note 2 supports 6 types of LTE networks amounting up to 37 bands across the world regarding connectivity options along with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, microUSB Type-C.
Xiaomi’s Mi Note 2 looks a lot like the Note 7. The phone is curved on both front and back. With this device, Xiaomi has used Qualcomm’s fingerprint scanner technology that can read fingerprint through the glass, instead of using a glass display with a fingerprint scanner, just like the one on the recently announced Xiaomi Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus. The curved design creates an alluring symmetry that converges into a metallic frame.
Exceptional Features of Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Display: Mi Note 2 has a 5.7-inch Quad HD OLED panel with 16M colors. The display has a 77.2 percent screen to body ratio.
- Processor: In Xiaomi’s Mi Note 2, you get the latest processor from Qualcomm, that is Snapdragon 821, which is the same type used in Google’s new Pixel phone, but runs at a slightly faster speed 2.35Ghz over 2.15Ghz.
- Camera: The camera in Mi Note 2 has a single camera lens and comes with 22-megapixels, a f/2.0 aperture, electronic image stabilization for 4K video recording, with a 77-degree wide angle lens. The front has an 8-megapixel camera that has autofocus, a beauty mode, and a mode for taking great group selfies.
- Storage: The 64GB version comes with 4GB of RAM, while the 128GB version comes with 6GB of RAM.
- Battery: The large non-removable Li-ion 4070 mAh battery of Mi Note 2 comes with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 system and charges up to 83% in just 30 minutes.
Price & Availability
The 4GB/64GB Mi Note 2 will be available at $415, while the 6GB/128GB model is priced at $490. There is another 6GB/128GB global LTE support variant that will be available for $520. Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is set to release in the November 2016. The phone won’t be sold outside China for now. It will be available in Piano Black and Glacial Silver colors.
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is powered by Android and runs custom MIUI 8 skin. In Mi Note 2, you can turn on the flashlight just by holding the home button without unlocking the phone. Also, you can use a second finger to swipe through the home screens while holding down on an app to move it. Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is a superb phone with great specs and outstanding features. This could be a replacement for those missing their Samsung Galaxy Note 7.