People who are driven by the passion to progress need solutions that will offer them new was progress beyond their expectations. Suunto has officially unveiled the Spartan Ultra, a premium multisport GPS watch for athletes and adventurers, a watch successor to the Ambit3. In a fast-paced world with an overwhelming flood of information, the company wants to give athletes better tools for determining how to efficiently achieve their goals. The Ultra collection is going to be available in four models. There’s the All Black Titanium and Stealth Titanium along with White and Black options.
The online sports service Suunto Moves along with a range of new features and improvements are available in the device. The solution comprises of the Suunto Spartan Ultra watch service and mobile applications for both iPhone and Android. The key benefit brought in the first phase of the upgrade are sports-specific heat maps allowing anyone to benefit from the power of community to find the best places to train and explore new areas.
Suunto Spartan Ultra presents a state-of-the-art color touch screen with a wide viewing angle that offers great visibility outdoors, and the rugged watch combines GPS and all-day activity tracking that is worth mentioning.
These watches are hand-made in Finland and can last in any conditions. Water resistant to 100 meters, this watch is built with a glass fiber reinforced polyamide casing that protects the screen with sapphire crystal glass and a grade5 titanium or stainless steel bezel. Suunto Spartan Ultra offers guided route navigation, barometric altitude and even a digital compass with a competitive battery life. The watch is designed to be used with a companion iOS/Android app with a simplified interface.
Top 10 Features of Suunto Spartan Ultra
- One will get guided route navigation because of the built-in GPS, barometric altitude readings and a digital compass.
- With heart rate measurement and in-built accelerometer, it accurately tracks your training and provides versatile insights on your progress.
- Sportspersons will get essential information for running, with an interval running mode, a trail running mode etc.
- They will also get visual overviews on training load, rest and recovery status to plan training.
- Suunto Spartan Ultra monitors overall activity 24/7 with daily and weekly steps, calories and active time.
- The watch will also keep users up to date on their personal bests.
- Based on the heatmaps, users can plan their own routes.
- Users will enjoy clear infographics, prominent visuals and own activity feed to collect their important content in one place.
- Training load and feeling trend can be used to see if you are recovering and ensure you get the right steps in place to progress towards your goals.
- ‘Competitive’ battery life and dozens of preset sport modes can be set to track everything from cycling and swimming to snow sports.
- Competitive battery life
- Titanium5 bezel
- Sapphire glass
- 100 m waterproof
- Barometric altitude
- Outdoor-proof color touch screen
- Bluetooth Smart
- Sports expertise and training insights 24/7
- Progress with heatmaps and peer-group insights
Price and Availability
The Suunto Spartan Ultra will be available from August with prices starting at £545.They will be available with four options: All Black Titanium, Stealth Titanium, Black and White. The Titanium will be £585 and if you want a heart rate sensor with either, that’s an extra £40.
While it does offer all-day activity tracking, the Suunto Spartan Ultra is a more serious sports watch than most activity trackers. Suunto has been all about precision tracking for years and wants to use the GPS expertise efficiently. The new watch combines daily tracking and community smarts to offer more than the average smartwatch. Definitely with these surprise packages, the latest premium GPS watch from Suunto, will surely give other sports-watches a run for their money.