While Apple is enjoying immense success and popularity in the smartphone market with its high-end iPhones, South Korean multinational Samsung is a tough competitor. The Samsung Galaxy range of phones have truly taken the smartphone market by storm, offering users modern specifications at a relatively lower price. With the year just about to end, Samsung has recently announced the 2016 launch of 3 smartphones in the Galaxy A series, the Samsung Galaxy A3, A5 and A7.
The Galaxy A series is a full-metal, uni-body design that is stylish and modern. It incorporates an ultra-slim form and an uber-cool appearance offered in an array of attractive colours (black, gold and white) that are sure the catch the attention of others.
Stunning Display Colours
The Galaxy A series possesses super AMOLED display technology that produces vibrant and optimized colours and picture quality. The amazing colour saturation and authentic, undistorted colours bring any and every picture to life.
Dual Hybrid SIM
The Galaxy A series offers 2 slots that can be used both for a SIM card as well as a Micro SD card. Users can choose to use one slot for SIM and another for their SD card or use both slots for 2 SIM cards.
Excellent Camera Resolution
The Galaxy A series enables users to take the perfect selfies. The wide selfie function along with the 5MP front camera allows users to capture spectacular sceneries with their large group of friends and family, without leaving anything or anyone out of frame.
- While all the three phones share more or less similar specifications, the Samsung Galaxy A3 is most definitely the low end model, while the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 incorporate some high end features.
- The A3 is the only phone without a full HD resolution screen, an octa-core processor, a finger-print scanner and a fast-charging battery.
- All the three phones come in different sizes, with the A3 being the smallest and the A7 being the biggest.
- While the A3 has a 4.7 inch screen, the A5 has 5.2 and the A7 5.5.
- However, all the three phones share the exact same design and are ultra-thin, measuring only 7.3mm in thickness.
- All the three phones possess a 13 mega-pixel rear camera and a 5 mega-pixel front camera.
- The storage capacity is also same across all the three phones: 16 GB expandable to 128 GB via MicroSD.
- Also, they all run on Android 5.1 Lollipop OS, support 802.11 Wi-Fi, 4.1 Bluetooth and offer a dual-SIM option.
|Description||Samsung Galaxy A3||Samsung Galaxy A5||Samsung Galaxy A7|
|Display||4.7-inch Super AMOLED||5.2-inch Super AMOLED||5.5-inch Super AMOLED|
|Resolution||1280 x 720||1920 x 1080|
|Size||134.5 x 65.2 x 7.3mm||144.8 x 71 x 7.3mm||151.5 x 74.1 x 7.3mm|
|Processor||1.5GHz quad-core||1.6GHz octa-core|
|OS||Android 5.1 Lollipop|
|Battery||2,300mAh||2,900mAh, fast charging||3,300mAh, fast charging|
|Rear Camera||13MP f/1.9||13MP f/1.9 with OIS|
|Front Camera||5MP f/1.9|
|Storage||16GB storage (expandable to 128GB via MicroSD)|
|NFC||NFC||NFC + Samsung Pay||NFC + Samsung Pay|
|SIM||Dual SIM option|
Set for a 2016 Launch
The revamped Galaxy A series are crafted using glass and metal and incorporate the usual mid and high range features. The Galaxy A series phones are expected to cost less than the Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 and even the soon-to-be-launched Galaxy S7. While the phones are expected to be launched in China in mid-December 2015, a global launch will happen only in 2016