OnePlus, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer just recently launched the OnePlus 3T which is like an evolution of the existing OnePlus 3. The T in the name really doesn’t stand for anything, so the new OnePlus 3T is not really a sequel but does have some additions in the form of a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, improved battery capacity, and a great selfie camera.
Thin and Light Metal Design
The OnePlus 3T looks exactly like its predecessor and features the same metal unibody construction, except the new design, has a slightly curved back and rounded sides and corners. Even though it is made entirely of metal, the phone is still light. Due to the back tapers along the edges, it feels thinner and also becomes very easy to hold.
On the left, is a three-level Alert slider switch between notifications. Below it is a volume rocker, and on the other side is the power button. The Home Button also doubles as the Fingerprint sensor. The OnePlus 3T is just 7.4mm thick and is made out from a single slab of aluminum alloy. In size, it is just slightly larger than the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. The Gold variant offers 64 GB of storage, while the Gunmetal variant offers both 64 GB and 128 GB storage.
OnePlus 3T has Night Mode Option
The 5.5-inch touchscreen of OnePlus T3 is pretty identical to OnePlus 3’s. OnePlus 3T has got the same 1920×1080 resolution and uses the same Optic AMOLED technology used in OnePlus 3. The display looks sharp regardless of its pixel-per-inch count. The viewing angles on the display are amazing and have limited brightness drop-off when viewed off-centre. The auto brightness adjustment in OnePlus 3T is something you don’t get to see on every phone. It also offers Night Mode.
A Faster Processor and a Great Selfie Camera
- Software: The OnePlus 3T runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with OnePlus’ OxygenOS. Android 7.0 Nougat update should be available soon. Gestures and additional inputs are pretty much the same, like double tap to wake, drawing a circle on the screen to open the camera swiping with three fingers to take a screenshot.
- Camera: OnePlus 3T has the same rear-facing camera that OnePlus 3 has, Sony IMX 298 16-megapixel sensor with 1.12-micron size pixel paired with a f/2.0 aperture lens. The lens supports Face Detect Autofocus with optical image stabilization. The electronic image stabilization while shooting video is something unique, which allows 4K at 30 fps. Low light photography are decent. The manual controls allow you to pick your shutter speed, white balance, ISO and other things. The enhancement in the selfie camera is a good improvement.
- Fingerprint Sensor: The Fingerprint Sensor on OnePlus 3T is quick and accurate.
- Battery: The OnePlus 3T has a non-removable 3400 mAh battery with Dash Charge.
- Storage: While the Gold variant offers only 64 GB of storage, the Gunmetal variant offers both 64 GB and 128 GB storage.
OnePlus 3T is available in the US now and will be available in Europe from November 28. OnePlus 3T is available in two colors: Gunmetal and Gold. Gold has only 64GB of storage, while Gunmetal has both 64GB and 128GB storage. The Gold variant is priced at $439 and the Gunmetal variant is priced at $479.
The OnePlus 3T is a great phone with just a slight change in the design, great build, the battery lasts longer, clicks sharper selfies, and also offers 128GB storage option. The OnePlus 3T also has the Night Mode option so the blue light of the phone doesn’t put much strain on your eyes.