Motorola has announced a pair of modular smartphones which will take on the likes of the LG G5 with new Moto Mods. It is claiming the Moto Z as the world’s thinnest smartphone at just 5.2mm. The new smartphones were announced in San Francisco at Lenovo Tech World. Moto Z range might be a replacement for the Moto X . The company is now back with its second shatter-proof phone, the Moto Z Force.
A gentle snap, a twinkly beep, that’s a new function one might get to see in Moto Z. Unlike that the Moto Z Force is essentially a souped-up version of the Z, and it shares the same Quad HD display, speedy processor but adds an improved 21-megapixel rear camera, a larger battery with faster charging and of course that shatterproof screen. It also supports those cool Moto Mods with additional functionality and customization.
Design and Accessories
Moto Z, has a glass, a metal frame, top-end specs, and a slick look. With these flashy extras, Moto Z is aiming to be Moto’s high-end flagship. Its specs are backed up with 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED display to USB-C charging port, expandable SD card storage, and a Snapdragon 820 processor.
Moto Z Force will be offering more battery life, a stepped-up 21MP camera, shatter-resistant glass, and faster fast charging.
Some of the Moto Accessories are mentioned below:
- Moto Z’s multipin magnetic connector port can carry a large load, with 6Gbps data transfer.
- The Inbuilt JBL Sound Boost is a speaker with added battery life and a kickstand.
- The Insta-Share Projector mod has an LED projector that throws a 70-inch screen onto a nearby wall.
- Incipio is another accessory that makes battery-pack back covers with built-in wireless charging.
- A USB-C-to-standard-headphone adapter comes in the Moto Z box and is the only way you’ll be able to listen to music.
- There are also Moto Shells if you just want to easily change the look and style of your Moto Z including real wood, leather and fabric.
Specifications of Motorola Moto Z
- 5.5-inch AMOLED
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- 4GB RAM
- Android Marshmallow with Moto-enhanced apps
- 32/64GB storage
- microSD card up to 2TB
- 13MP rear camera, optical image stabilization, dual-LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with flash
- 2,600mAh battery
- USB-C port
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water-repellent coating
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Specifications of Motorola Moto Z Force
- Force is almost 2mm thicker than the Z and weighs about 30 grams more
- It has a sturdy metal design with the larger camera lens
- Equipped with a 21-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel wide angle lens on the front (with a flash)
- It also includes optical image stabilization and an f/1.8 aperture
- 5.5-inch AMOLED display with a 2,560×1440-pixel resolution (535 ppi)
- 2.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor
- Has optical image stabilization, phase detection autofocus and laser autofocus options
- 32GB or 64GB of internal storage
- A microSD card slot to expand storage up to 2TB
- 3,500mAh battery
- 4GB of RAM
- A fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C (with an included 3.5mm adapter)
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Has a shatterproof screen
Price and Availability
Motorola seems to have crammed in as much whiz-bang technology it could to deliver a better photo-taking than its past phones. While Moto Z is not as mind-blowingly version as per its specs but the Moto Z Force sounds like the ideal Android phone for all users.
We can expect fairly premium prices but they will be cheaper than the iPhone 6S and Galaxy S7. It isn’t slated to be made available outside of the US or on another carrier. Pricing hasn’t been announced, but the Force is expected to be released sometime mid-summer. Moto Z (but not Force) is going global with unlocked models in September.