HTC just recently announced a new smartphone on the Sprint network which has some really alluring features. The Bolt is the first to ship with custom-designed headphones that can tune audio to the unique shape of your inner ear.
Water, Splash, and Dust Resistant Design
HTC Bolt has a metal unibody that has a very sophisticated look. The aluminum body of HTC Bolt has a matte finish and has a minimalistic design. It’s good to see that the back panel is not full of the giant camera lens and LED flash bulbs like other smartphones these days. HTC Bolt is about the size of Pixel XL. The oval-shaped fingerprint sensor on Bolt’s white backplate doubles as a home button. It also has two capacitive, illuminated navigational buttons.
On the front, there is an 8 MP front camera, an earpiece, a multicolor notification LED, and a row of sensors that measure proximity and ambient light. On the right side, there is a textured volume rocker and a power button. While on the left, there is a SIM slot and a MicroSD slot. HTC Bolt doesn’t have the regular 3.5mm audio port and the good thing about it is that it has made the phone a lot easier to be waterproof. The phone has been rated IP57 to resist water, splashes, and dust.
Display with Multi-Window Support
HTC Bolt’s display is covered by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 that helps your phone resist life’s inevitable knocks and tumbles. While Gorilla Glass 5 is tougher than ever, it doesn’t compromise optical clarity or touch sensitivity. The display of Bolt has got the ultimate combination of drop protection and performance. HTC Bolt has a 5.5-inch display and has multi-window support, so you have the space you need to watch movies while surfing the web or chatting with your friends.
Professional Level Camera
HTC Bolt’s 16MP camera has Optical Image Stabilisation that reduces camera shake and captures sharp photos on the go even in low light. The camera launches quickly to capture fleeting moments in a flash. It has an autofocus time of up to 0.3 seconds with Phase Detection Auto Focus which makes focusing smooth and fast.
HTC Bolt features Pro mode for professional level control over your photography. It also has RAW capture, RAW enhancement, and manual control. It also allows you to take photos with long exposure times. With a big 8MP sensor and auto HDR, capture great selfies anywhere. HTC Bolt features an integrated screen flash for night shots on the go. It also has a wide-angle selfie panorama mode to fit in more people in the picture.
Other Innovative Features of HTC Bolt
- Fingerprint Sensor: HTC Bolt’s built-in fingerprint sensor unlocks your phone with a touch in as little as 0.2 seconds. You can also use your fingerprint to be they key to easily unlock the protected apps locked by the App Lock function in Boost+.
- Touch Response: The display smoothly tracks every moment of your fingers and is specifically treated to be scratch-resistant, anti-smudge, and anti-reflective.
- Audio: HTC Bolt comes with BoomSound Adaptive Audio. The inner shape of your ears is analyzed so that every note, nuance, and tone can be tuned to your individual hearing.
- Battery: HTC Bolt comes with a powerful 3200mAh battery that gives you enough power for up to a day or more on a single charge. HTC Bolt comes with Quick Charge technology, that allows you to charge your phone fast.
- Storage: The Bolt has 32GB storage and a MicroSD card slot for expanding storage up to 2TB.
A Bit Overpriced
The HTC Bolt is available in two colors: Silver and Gunmetal and is priced at $600.
The Bottom Line
Bolt is launching with Android 7.0 Nougat, becoming the first HTC phone to run Google’s newest Android platform. The most important feature of Bolt is Sprint, that provides faster download speed over LTE. HTC Bolt with water resistance enhanced audio, expandable memory up to 2TB is an amazing handset.