Lenovo revealed its latest detachable smartphone accessory called Hasselblad True Zoom, at a recent event at IFA in Berlin. The Hasselblad True Zoom with a 10x zoom lens, physical shutter button, zoom lever and a Xenon flash and attaches directly to a compatible phone. The current compatible phones are the Moto Z, Moto Z Force and the brand new Moto Z Play.
Hasselblad Design and Ergonomics
The Hasselblad True Zoom looks like a really thin point and shoots from the front. When looking at the front, the left side has the familiar hand grip that accompanies some cameras, with a large lens assembly in the middle. The Xenon flash is in the upper right-hand corner with the iconic Hasselblad logo in the lower right. The top of the camera has a power button, zoom dial, and two-stage shutter button above the hand grip. Once attached to your smartphone, you’ve got a camera with a large viewing screen and touch controls for fine tuning settings and taking photos
Moto Mods easily attach to the phone via magnets. The phone’s stock camera app switches to a version designed for use with the camera mod. There’s a physical power button to turn the camera on and off and a zoom switch on the Moto Mod to navigate the range equivalent to 25-250mm. The True Zoom delivers a very nice camera-like experience.
True Zoom and Unique Shooting Experiences
- Optical Zoom: With 10x optical zoom On Hasselblad, you can capture detailed photos from a distance without affecting resolution. You don’t need to worry about how far the subject is, just focus on getting the perfect shot.
- Hasselblad Experience: For the first time, Hasselblad is bringing its unique, iconic design and imaging experience to the mobile space. Experience real imaging with enhanced control for easier shooting and better results on Hasselblad True Zoom. Physical shutter and zoom controls on the Moto Mod makes capturing great shots easier.
- RAW Format: Hasselblad True Zoom shoots in RAW format for you to always have the highest image quality. Also, you can enjoy ultimate control with a free subscription to Hasselblad’s Phocus editing software.
- Xenon Flash: The Xenon flash helps you light up your subject evenly, giving you crisp, blur-free pictures in any environment. Hasselblad offers special shooting and scene modes to optimize your images depending on the type of shot you’re trying to capture and unleash your creativity.
- Shoot and Share: Google Photos is a smart way to share and store your photos and videos. Your pictures and videos are automatically backed up and organized. So you can find and share photos faster than ever.
- Moto Mods: With Moto Mods like Hasselblad True Zoom, you can do things you had never thought were possible on a phone. The interchangeable backs come with powerful integrated magnets that help it snap onto your phone easily and are instantly ready for use. No pairing required. There’s a different Moto Mod for you, no matter what your passion is. With Moto Mods, your Moto Z phone instantly becomes a movie projector, a boombox, a battery powerhouse, and more.
Hasselblad True Zoom isn’t exactly cheap
The Hasselblad True Zoom is available on Verizon for $250 and Motorola is selling it for $300. It would be an attractive addition to your Moto Z smartphone.
If you have a habit of clicking a lot of photos and have a Motorola Moto Z phone, the Hasselblad is a great add-on to have, as long as you’re looking for a big zoom instead of better-than-phone photo quality. The Moto Mods on Hasselblad add-on architecture is an intelligent way to add a camera and the Hasselblad True Zoom is pretty attractive. It is very well designed and adds a convenient 10x zoom.