Do not misunderstand, please. Dali here refers to the Dali Speakers, a Danish company known for producing high-end speakers. No infusion made with the famous surrealist painter of that name. But, Dali has always been hip in its design of speakers and this one, Dali Katch is no different in this respect. It looks pretty and luxurious as well but what is the real catch about Dali Katch? We are feeling curious to know.
Well, the stunning design and excellent built apart, this speaker offers mind blowing sound, though we particularly are not sure whether it can really blow our ears or not. But anyway, a high fidelity sound quality for all kinds of music, a sleek and handy design and robust feature set made it a good choice, even though the price seems to be little ambitious for the product. Let us have a look at the various aspects of the product.
The Design with ‘WOW’ Factor
As a reviewer, I will give the product full marks for its sophisticated and awe-inspiring design. At first look, the surprise was enough to catch a loud ‘WOW’ from me. Yes, it looks that stunning. If you ever think to look matters in a home gadget besides all the so called features, specs, and functions, Dali Katch can be a nice example.
The speaker made of solid metal comes in three distinct shades, respectively as cloud gray, moss green, and dark shadow. The speaker comes with a leather carry strap allowing easily carrying it. Moreover, the strap made in three-layered woven nylon ensures safety and ease of carrying outdoor.
Exclusive Audio Experience Guaranteed
When it comes to audio experience delicacy matters more than so-called thunderous sound effect. Portable Bluetooth speakers precisely work great for small home ambience and in secluded travel. But that does not mean it is inept for large rooms and party ambience. The kind of deep, scorching and chillingly clear sound it delivers at top level make it equally ideal for partying. Well, the use cases apart the blazing sound quality are ensured by this speaker for following reasons.
- The speaker just beneath the extruded aluminum comes with a Class-D amplifier able to pump out a massive 2x 18 Watts of powerful sound with 2 x 21mm soft-dome tweeters and the 2 x 3.5-inch aluminum woofers.
- Dali Katch comes with two specific placement profiles that can easily get synced with the frontal or backside driver configuration. While the first driver configuration allows free playing at anywhere within the home, the second one can help reflecting the sound from a nearby wall.
- Dali Katch comes with two different audio profiles, respectively as ‘Clear’ and ‘Warm’. While the first one is ideal for audio listening in the majority of situations, the other profile is ideal for producing a little extra bass sound.
Dali Katch’s High Fidelity Specs Speak of Quality
Dali as the brand known for high-value speaker systems, for the first time, made its foray into the consumer market with this speaker. To speak of it in a different way, the quintessential audio technology bearing the mark of Dali also became available with this product. Naturally, besides top-quality sound, you can expect most reliable specs and features like the following ones.
- The speaker can easily be connected via Bluetooth 4.0 Apt-X. or through mini-jack input.
- With a USB charge output present, you can easily integrate home network by attaching the Chromecast Audio dongle in it.
- The speaker comes loaded with powerful 2600 mAh battery that can be fully charged with 2 hours of charging and can deliver unperturbed playback for 24 hours with a single charge.
The Price and Availability
Dali Katch is priced at $430 for retail and will be shipped from October, this year. Though the price tag may seem a little too ambitious, but with the robust features, audio quality, excellent design and mark of quality from Dali, it may be worth buying for many.