Top-15 Best Types of Database Management Software in 2022
Digital transformation has allowed all small businesses or corporations to generate data at every touchpoint. From customer data to marketing automation, businesses need to store data in an organized and secure way. 91% of businesses are using CRM and databases to collect their data for later use. Interestingly, the mobile CRM and database market rose to 11% in 2019 and is now worth more than USD 15 billion. It is crucial that you select the right tool that works best for your business.
A database is a collection of organized information stored on a particular computer system. Over the decades, developers and business owners have shared their love and appreciation for the DBMS as it significantly reduces data redundancy and stores data effectively. To help make the right decision in terms of choosing a DBMS, we have reviewed and listed the best database software that will be highly successful in 2022.
What is a Database Management System and How is it useful?
A Database Management System (DBMS) is a tool that helps businesses optimize, manage, store, and retrieve data from main databases. The impressive user interface is a systematic approach to handle large amounts of data workloads in an efficient and timely manner.
The fundamental structure of a DBMS is dependent on the core elements; data, database schema and database engine. The schema is necessary for a logical structure and the engine assures data accessibility and can be modified by users.
It is possible to store your database information using apps. So, think of DBMS as a bridge between your primary database and application programs. Moreover, database management software provides you with the scalability and modification options to recover, comply, or monitor business operations.
DBMS is a centralized process that enables multiple users to access data irrespective of different geographical locations. Apart from that, DBMS can limit the data usage and functionality of each user. There are various types of database software. The DBMS offers users the freedom and convenience to store logical or physical data. Also, users do not have to be worried about the structural changes nor the physical data location. For example, Application Programming Interface (API) doesn’t require the developer to make manual changes. Rather, it automatically makes changes in the database.
Top-15 Database Management System Softwares in 2022
Irrespective of the size and nature of your business, it is important to look for a DBMS with multiple database options. Here are 15 of the top database management software that can assist your business with productivity and reliability.
Improvado plays an integral role in data aggregation for small and large businesses. The software includes hundreds of integrations like BigQuery, Google Ads, Excel etc. There is a robust reporting mechanism and an intuitive dashboard too. Moreover, data visualization and import compatibility can bring your marketing efforts in a single place.
Other than its structural design, the tool cuts down the added cost of hiring developers. You do not need to be a SQL expert to understand the implementation of Improvado. Apart from that, this DBMS enables users to get instant APIs connection and access automated data.
- Flexibility to duplicate and migrate data instantaneously
- Metrics comparison to make important business decisions.
- Data integration amidst live connection on a dedicated server.
- Ongoing support from informative employees.
- Clear database documentation
- Good navigation control
- The data reverses the latest entries amidst analytical comparison.
Now, if you are looking to get the most out of Improvado, the Business offer at $100 per month is the best for you. Though, small businesses with a smaller budget can get custom prices with the Enterprise option. You can contact them to schedule a demo to understand the software better.
2. Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server is one of the best DBMS in the market. As it is a free tool, it definitely attracts a large audience. The custom-based graphical interface has saved a lot of time for years. The diagrams you can create with this software can be seamlessly added to a new project.
The Object Explorer feature allows users to view the tables created. Other than that, the Template Explorer is a bundle of script objects that can be used to identify various names in the database system. Additionally, the SQL server creates particular containers that enable users to merge views and scripts of a linked group or object.
- Easy to set up a new database server from scratch.
- Creates multiple designs, tables etc without syntax.
- Handles complex queries and seamless integration with other programs.
- Creates advanced queries through Developer Network.
- The lightweight package is not user-friendly.
- Long queries take longer than the calculated time to execute.
- Data maintenance is an issue.
- A new firewall system is required.
The Express and Developer variants are free and perfect for personal use. The 2016 version is priced at $931 for a Standard version which is the same for the 2017 and 2019 versions.
This open-source DBMS software is popular due to its smart configuration and indexing options. PostgreSQL is perfect if your daily business activities need you to import or export data.
Currently, PostgreSQL supports Python and JSON programming languages. Though it is a relational database solution, users are free to create NoSQL databases. The open-source community has also created a wide range of plug-ins to boost software functionality.
- Easy storage and management of large data.
- Secure data processing.
- Easy installation on Linux and Windows OS.
- Access to tutorials and learning material.
- Suitable for businesses that deal in large amounts of data.
- Native interface limits data manipulation.
- Advanced tool is not suitable for small databases.
- Installation and configuration is time-consuming.
4. My SQL
My SQL is a fast data processing software with exceptional features. The software is designed to increase the security and scalability of your databases. A cost-effective tool provides technical support and mitigates potential risks. Moreover, high-volume businesses can leverage complex SQL apps.
- The latest version has better data recovery options.
- Easy to learn the features for a non-technical user.
- It is an open-source tool so can be customized.
- Ideal for small businesses and entrepreneurs due to the low-cost structure.
- Compatible with industry standards.
- The data development process is adjustable.
- Queries get stuck after a refresh or restart.
- Overdependence on third-party add-ons.
- Data operations are complex in Linux.
MySQL Standard, Enterprise, and Cluster versions are priced at $2,000, $5,000 and $10,000 respectively.
5. Amazon RDS
Amazon RDS is one of the most reliable DBMS software. It comes with a secured connection and backs up your data through an inbuilt feature. Moreover, it can resize your database activities.
- You can process the heavy workloads in a single database.
- As a user, you pay for the used resources.
- It enables you to access MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL databases.
- Ideal for developers looking for flexibility and scalable storage options.
- There are only a few auto-scaling options.
- No physical server to check logs.
Users can try Amazon RDS and there is no minimum requirement to use the software. It is complicated but you can simply calculate it with AWS Simple Monthly Calculator.
6. Razor SQL
RazorSQL is an extremely popular database management tool. It enables users to check schemas, tables, unidentified keys, indexes, and columns. It is possible to create, update or delete SQL statements as per your requirements. The tool comes with flexible import options and data files.
Currently, RazorSQL supports more than twenty programming languages. It can compare the results and queries through multiple databases. Additionally, the software doesn’t require added manual configuration.
- Automatic selection and copy feature for various types of data.
- Users can create custom templates for projects.
- Installation and configuration is a lengthy process.
- Only developers can use the advanced features.
The current price for RazorSQL is $99.95 per year.
7. Oracle RDBMS
The latest version of this software includes larger databases, takes less space, is secure and processes data. It is one of the most efficient object-relational database tools. You can use the Oracle RDBMS software on a PC or a high-powered supercomputer. The active designs trigger a referential system within the tool.
- It is possible to create segments to have better administrative control over your data.
- Seamless transactional process and data security.
- The price is too high for small businesses.
- Client apps are automatically plugged in.
The price of this software can vary depending on the type of business and your current requirements. Hence, you will have to contact Oracle’s customer support to get information on pricing.
8. SQL Developer
The open-source software is loved by developers as it is easy to design, develop, and perform other database management activities. The best feature of SQL Developer is that it takes less time to execute multiple queries. Hence, users generate queries in numerous formats like PDF, HTML, XML, or Excel.
- Easy data management in Oracle Database.
- SQL Developer can run end-to-end database apps.
- You can shift your database solution to third-party databases to Oracle.
- Automation of an operating system often shifts database queries.
The SQL Developer software is free to use and download for all users and businesses.
9. Microsoft Access
The Microsoft software works only on Windows OS. It is an excellent tool to create custom databases in multiple formats as per your business requirements.. The affordable database management software is useful in the IT industry.
- Custom templates are perfect for adding web databases and tracking, reporting, or sharing with other users.
- Users get to have full access to Suite Packages like Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- License extension to merge third-party tools is a lengthy process.
Informix is a DBMS software ideal for companies looking for parallel and multi-level data processing. The scalability makes it a perfect choice and it has great in-depth support.
- The Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) performance is impressive.
- Flexibility to scale small systems to multi-layered distributed nodes.
- It can merge relational databases in a time series.
- The Premium version is too expensive for small businesses.
The price of the software depends on the quantity of data you want to back up.
The EMS software allows you to create distinct data analytical components. It has good vendor support that can support your database management activities. The software is designed to facilitate users who want to keep an eye on existing databases.
- Easy maintenance is perfect for all businesses.
- EMS works with all the SQL tools.
- The execution of multiple SQL queries works on databases.
- Multi-user features are complex.
- Slow at handling multiple databases at the same time.
The EMS software is free as of now.
Developers will be happy that this DBMS software is developed using ANSI C language, which means impressive speed across all operating systems. Also, the DBMS tool offers multiple data types like hashes, lists, and sets that can support high-performance queries. It consists of a data structure that can index bitmaps, hyper logs and streams.
- The software is configured to replicate multiple databases.
- It offers automatic data partitioning.
- On-disk transactions on multiple levels can be an issue for non-technical users.
The single version of the software is free to use. Though, we would suggest you use the enterprise version from RedisLabs to enhance scalability.
13. IBM DB2
The latest version of IBM DB2 is faster than other software. Moreover, the DBMS software backs most data science languages to handle simple or complex queries. Interestingly, users like this tool due to its ease of installation and setup to store a large amount of data instantly.
- It provides AI capabilities created to manage and structure complicated data.
- It works well with private and cloud environments.
- The functionality is complex for a non-technical user.
The community version of the software is free. However, the Standard version is priced at $1,850 and the Advanced version is $7,800 for 90 days.
Teradata is one of the first and original DBMS tools. It has an impressive processing speed to export and import data. Along with real-time processing, it can share large databases in an instant. The data analytics of the DBMS tool is known to render enterprise-level business operation activities.
- Neatly designed permission controls to track and collect data.
- Integrated data storage through multiple data formats.
- The software lags due to third-party tools.
The cost of Teradata software depends on workload profiles. Having said that, the package comes with subscription-based licensing, portability options and data risk management.
SQLite is built for small and medium businesses. The light structure and layout design assist users store and managing data easily. The SQL engine is reliant and self-contained. Also, the DBMS program is available on multiple mobile applications.
- Takes less time and space to set up.
- Stable and compatible file format that can run data on multiple platforms.
- The database files shifted as containers take time to reach another system.
SQLite’s latest version is free to download for single users and businesses.
Whether you are a non-technical user or a highly experienced programmer, the main focus should be to choose the DBMS mentioned above should depend on monitoring and performance generation. Moreover, check the flexibility of the program to add users. Finally, the user should be the main person to choose your database management system tool. What do you think about these DBMS software for 2022? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Nimblechapps for more information.
What Features Will Your EV Charging CSMS Need?
Interested in starting an EV charging business and wondering what to look for in a CSMS software or what features your...
What is CSMS for EV Charging Stations?
The global electric vehicle (EV) market is on fire these days. In 2021, the EV market size reached $170 billion mark. However, we have only...