Content is as crucial as the look and feel of your website if not more. It drives search engine results, boosts traffic to your website and launches you as an industry leader. Today, the quality and quantity of content decide your ability to leverage content for better results. This is where you will need professional SEO services from Nimblechapps as we offer exceptional content writing services. SEO content is different from normal content as it is optimized for top results on search engines. Writing quality content for SEO needs an analytical point of view and empathy. It is important to find keywords with a high search volume and are searched for by the target audience.
Content Optimization is the key to success for a digital marketing professional. Every digital marketing strategy starts with content writing and optimization. It is fair to say that content quality leads to a higher rank in the search engine page results (SERP). Hence, every content writer must bear in mind that there is more to SEO than keywords. In this article, we will discuss the basics of content optimization that makes a quality content. Following these tips will help you to embody the voice of your audience and answer their questions accordingly.
How do I start SEO content writing?
It is not always about the right keywords, but the answer is not that complicated. In this article, we will break down the parts which matter the most for an SEO copywriter. There is no secret to writing SEO-friendly content. Though, SEO copywriters often complicate the process and steer clear of their goal. The final goal is to help your clients make money. You must bear in mind that writing for search engines is different from copywriting for email or your social media. Follow this 4 step guide for SEO content writing:
- Use of primary keyword in the page title: This should be quite easy. If something is crucial, the title of your page must have the most important subject to indicate what the page is about.
- Make use of the most critical keywords higher up in the content: SEO experiments display a great correlation between the rank and placement of keywords in the body of the article.
- Use a variety of keywords in your content: It is not possible to write an article with a single keyword and expect it to rank. Search engines need a variety of signals that show content relevancy. Hence, keyword variations are the best way to show Google how it should determine your content.
- Study competitors with quality content: It is the most suitable way to learn what Google is favoring. Take a look at the type of headers, word count, the use of bold and italics, the number of headers, images, videos etc. Try to tweak your content according to this study and you are good to go.
So what is the best way to write terrific SEO content? It is best to understand what your users and search engines are looking for. This is an intuitive process as long as you identify a few key principles.
Tips for SEO Engaging content in 2022:
Let us now take a look at some of the best tips to write engaging content in 2022 and beyond.
1. Keyword Research & Technical SEO
Before writing a blog post, it is crucial to identify a keyword that is searched for by your target audience. The content becomes SEO content only when it is optimized for a particular keyword/s. To find desirable keywords, it is important to identify your niche. Once the niche has been determined, it is best to compare your own offer with other brands (competitors).
When you undertake competitor analysis, you find high-quality keywords used by searchers who are your target audience. Lastly, you will get a list of high-quality keywords used by potential customers.
Once we have a primary keyword, you can move on to the next step. How do you write content which ranks in the top search results on Google? The easiest way is to take a close look at the top 10 results for your keyword. Google Suggest instantly provides more sub-keywords in the search bar. It is best to be attentive during this stage. Google makes use of these sub-keywords to let us know what challenges are faced for the primary keyword. The use of these keywords will determine your content, as explained in the following step.
3. Assess Search Intent
Simply including keywords into texts is not enough to rank in Google. Simultaneously, you have to meet the search intent for content. It means you have to answer those questions that users link with the identified keyword. The sub-keyword extracted from Google Suggest provides the first direction for our text. It should definitely be included in your post. When researching the top results on Google, it is critical to pay attention to the form in which the content is written. Once that is done, you can compare the results from the search.
The headline always reveals what the content is about. The three results for the keyword usually include references to the time of year, places to visit and general advice. Also, Google Suggest already informed the search intent at the beginning.
4. Prepare an Outline
Preparing an outline means doing keyword analysis and content research simultaneously. It is crucial to outline the blog post in advance. As when you start writing, the structure will help you stick to those points. According to our knowledge, a majority of informative blog posts on the internet follow a similar pattern. You can use a template to structure your content.
As we discussed above, every SEO blog post has one or more focus keywords. A good blog post generally focuses on these keywords and builds everything around it. Every SEO post typically answers three basic questions: What? Why? And How To? It is important to use heading and subheadings to create a neat structure. Once the framework is set, you can start the actual work of writing your blog post.
5. Write a Draft
Thanks to our previous efforts, we don’t begin from scratch on a white page during the initial draft. You will now have access to the keywords and outline in front of you. It is easy to understand where the text will go, now it is time to fill it with content. The good thing about the first draft is that it doesn’t have to be perfect. It is an amalgamation of all the data that has been collected. The crucial part is that we start writing the SEO content from start to finish. You will get enough time to make changes to it at a later stage.
The article will be composed of three parts: Introduction, body and conclusion. The introduction must be powerful enough to engage the reader and invite them to read more. The body will include the answer to the three questions. What is the “keyword”? Why is “keyword” important? And How to deal with “Keyword”? The conclusion part should be a fitting end to the article. Make sure you keep an eye on the introduction and close the loop in the Conclusion section. You can add links to your product/service pages in this section.
The first draft is ready and now it is time to revise it for any errors. Give at least one night before you start working on the revision. Then take time and go through the whole content step by step. You must check the following points:
- Have I met the Search Intent? Go back to your initial research. Always ensure that the content answers the exact questions Google is asking related to the keyword.
- Keyword Placement – As soon as the content is checked, recheck if you have included all the critical keywords. There are millions of blog posts on the world wide web that don’t get ranked. The reason is that Google is not able to match the content against any crucial search queries. You can prevent this by adding the most important keywords in the text and headings.
- Spell Check – It takes time to build trust with your audience. It can be shattered quickly if they find random spelling mistakes. We use Grammarly to check our content for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Invest in an Editor – You have spent enough time researching and writing the content. It will always be difficult for you to find mistakes. It always helps to have another pair of eyes to review and edit the content to dish out quality SEO-friendly content.
7. Write Descriptive Posts
SEO of content is not just limited to keywords and search intent. Search engines track the time a user spends on your website. The longer that person stays, the better it is for your search engine rankings. To provide a better flow, you must include images, videos and call-to-actions at frequent intervals.
8. Work on Your Metas
Before you post your content for the world, it is important to define the Meta Title and Meta Description. Think about the following points:
- Must use focus keyword once
- The Meta Title should not exceed 70 characters
- The Meta Description should not exceed 160 characters.
- Numbers, questions etc. increase the CTR (Click-Through-Rate).
Once you define the meta title and meta description, it is time to post your content by hitting the Publish button. Congratulations on a successful blog post.
Contemporary SEO content should look to please your target audience. Content that provides value to the readers will be successful for your brand. Google knows better about your target audience than you do. Google’s primary aim is to provide users with what they are looking for. If you can help the search engine, it will help you get to a higher ranking on the search engine. Writing good SEO content is an art and it needs patience and hard work. We at Nimblechapps, are not your everyday SEO company. Digital Marketing for us is not about placing keywords or driving traffic using paid ads. We implement content marketing strategies with a goal to target only people interested in products or services similar to yours. If you want to take your writing to the next level, contact us today.
Keval Padia is the founder & CEO of Nimblechapps, a fast-growing mobile app development company. The current innovation and updates of the field lures him to express his views and thoughts on certain topics.