The 21st March Apple Special Event in 2016 saw Apple making some major announcements: from launch of a new iPhone and iPad to upgrades and updates on current products, the Apple Event had everyone glued.
- The iPhone SE offers a 4-inch Retina display, and has a compact aluminum design with matte-chamfered edges, and a color-matched stainless steel Apple logo.
- The iPhone SE is available in 4 metallic finishes: gray, silver, gold and rose gold in 16GB and 64 GB models.
- Prices start at $399 (US).
- The iPhone SE incorporates some of the most modern technological elements:
- A 64-bit A9 chip for exceptional performance.
- iOS 9 with powerful built-in apps like Messages, FaceTime, Photos, Music and Maps.
- An M9 motion co-processor that allows the phone to run at lower power.
- Proactive assistance, powerful search, and improved Siri features.
- A Night Shift feature that uses iPhone SE’s clock and geolocation to automatically adjust the colors in the display to the warmer end of the spectrum after dark.
- A 12-megapixel iSight camera featuring Focus Pixel technology for fast focusing, an Apple-designed image signal processor, advanced noise reduction, Live Photos, True Tone flash and 4K video, third-generation local tone mapping and better face detection.
- Touch ID with Apple Pay.
9.7 Inch iPad Pro
- The all-new 9.7 inch iPad Pro possesses a new pro Retina display with greater brightness, wider color gamut, lower reflectivity, Night Shift mode.
- The 9.7-inch iPad Pro comes in silver, space gray, gold and a new rose gold metallic finish.
- Prices start at $599 (US) for the 32GB with Wi-Fi model and $729 (US) for the 32GB Wi-Fi + Cellular model.
- A new True Tone display technology that dynamically adjusts white balance.
- A 64-bit A9X delivers incredible performance.
- A 4-speaker audio system that is twice as powerful.
- A new 12-megapixel iSight camera for shooting Live Photos and 4K video.
- A5-megapixel FaceTime HD camera.
- Support for Apple Pencil and a new Smart Keyboard cover designed to fit the new 9.7-inch iPad Pro.
Upgrades in Current Products
- Riding on the success of ResearchKit that helped medical researchers gather meaningful health data, the Apple event saw the launch of a new software framework called CareKit that is designed to enable people to actively manage their own medical conditions.
- With CareKit, users can keep track of care plans and monitor symptoms and medication, providing insights that help people better understand their own health.
- Users can then share information with doctors, nurses or family members.
Updates for Apple TV
- Users can upgrade their Apple TV software to the tvOS 9.2 for free.
- The integrated voice recognition software allows users to enter their password by speaking.
- Users can also ask Siri to search for movies or TV shows.
- Users can choose from over 5000 Apple TV apps and organize them in holders on their home screen.
- Access to iCloud Photo Library on their TV.
New Belts for Apple Watch
- At the Apple Event, Apple announced a reduction in Apple Watch price, which now starts at $299.
- Apple also introduced new belts for the Apple Watch.
- Space Black Milanese Loops and Link Bracelets.
- And several colour options for the Woven Nylon Bands, Classic Buckle, Leather Loop, Modern Buckle, and Sport Bands.
- Extra focus on user privacy and security through powerful data encryption.
- Update on running all their facilities on 100% renewable energy.
- An insight into their recycling robot Liam that breaks down iPhones ensuring data security and environmental safety.
Rajiv is one of the founders of Nimblechapps, a web and android game development company based out of India. At Nimblechapps he overlooks delivery, product development and often lends a hand to the in house development team. His personal interest include Travel, Food and Motorcycling.